Tuesday, July 17, 2007

For the Discerning Reader


The BBC reports that pagans are outraged by the appearance of Homer Simpson on the hillside next to the Cerne Abbas giant. They don't mention the adventures of Lord Scarman as a young man. On a walking holiday he and and his friends planted poppy seeds in the outline of the giant. Shortly after, the giant turned red so locals burnt out the poppies. The giant turned brown. Then more poppies grew. The giant turned red again. Then they tried weed-killer. The giant turned black.

Apparently, the rain will remove Homer.

2 comments:

mary matilda constance said...

Actually this is a rather well known story. You missed the point you naive disgruntled person, they spread the seeds on his dick, which flamed red, then yellow with weedkiller, then black as they burnt off the poppy plants. It caused so much offence, there were questions in Parliament and the giant needed to be covered until the poppies died. As you seem to have so much time on your hands why not track down the Hansard reference?

David said...

I don't think I missed the point. Perhaps I didn't outline it as clearly as Lord Scarman did himself. As for my time, well I wish I had more available. As you can see I haven't posted since July. Thanks for looking.